Monday 8 June 2015

Summer Placement 2015 Week 1

For my summer placement I've been placed in a tiny tiny school in Dawlish called Cockwood. The school only has just over 90 children in 3 classes  which are Foundation and Year 1, Years 2,3 and lower ability Year 4 and the class I'm working in higher Year 4, 5 and 6.

This week I've mainly been making observations of the children and their teacher but I have taken some responsibility in the class by taking the register and taking individual children for reading. I want to take more responsibilities in week 2 and I think that me and my partner are going to take a computing lesson using "Pop Kit".

Out of the normal school day I have also attended a staff meeting and was surprised how much this small school has going on. I have also gone with a teacher and the schools "Digital Leaders" to a showcase where they presented their K'NEX London Tower Bridge project which they had programmed to move up and down. There were some other cool projects here which included a school showing off their school radio show, I even got interviewed by a couple of children on air! On Friday I went with the class to their first tennis coaching session which the kids and myself really enjoyed.

Thoroughly looking forward to the next 4 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment