Tuesday 21 April 2015

First music seminar

 

Today I kicked off the new term by handing in my last assignment for the year and by having my first music seminar. Before today I was never much of a fan of music lessons with my experiences of them being dull, purposeless and chaotic. However, after this seminar I have now changed my opinion on this. 

We started the lesson with various musical instruments in the centre of the room with us students sat around. A modern piece of music was played and we had to join in with the track. 

Another game involves the teacher hiding an object in the room from one child and the rest of the class have to make noise with the instruments in a kind of hot or cold kind of game. 

My group invented a game named "mystory 3" where one child is blindfolded and 3 children have to play their instrument all at the same time. The blindfolded child then has to work out which three instruments were played. 

Turns out music lessons don't have to be boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment