Wednesday 13 May 2015

Last couple of days

Spent Tuesday afternoon in with year 5 who were making paper mache masks as part of their Mayan topic work, I don't think I've done paper mache since I was at the school as a pupil myself!

Thursday afternoon I asked if I could observe year 3 (one year group that I have had very little to do with so far) and with a teacher who actually taught me when I was in year 5 at this school. The class had PE where they were doing tennis. I particularly enjoyed watching the warm up which the children also really enjoyed. All the cones were spread out in an area of the playground. One team had to turn them into volcanoes (up side) and the other craters (filliped up-side-down) this linked to their topic work. The children then had to run around the court and when a color was shouted they had to quickly find their own cone of that color. Lastly, the cones were spread out a little more and the children had to run through as many "gates" as they could in 30 seconds. This was repeated where the children had to beat their score but had to hop then crawl.

Tomorrow I'm taking a year 1 swimming lesson...


No comments:

Post a Comment